[Bf-python] some missing things from the api

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Mon May 2 18:19:43 CEST 2005

Didnt' have time to reply to this earlier, but wanted some clarification:

Campbell Barton wrote:
> Hi, there are 2 missing functions in the Python API
>
> 1) Texture accsess in world data

"access" in what way?  I don't think the MTex and Texture objects give
full access to textures, but I've been able to write scripts that do
quite a bit.  Are you thinking of some other type of access?

> 2) it is impossible to render an image and save it to a name you want.
> ...render is only possible with renderAnim which adds numbers  to the
> image.
> ...the only solution is to render the animation as 1 frame and then
> rename it
> (requiring the os module, and sombody to have a python install),
> impracticle fopr such a simple feature.
>
> # This renames a newly rendered file, requires the os module.
>    os.rename( sys.expandpath(outfile+'#'), outfile )

This is also partly true:  I've used RenderData.setImageType() and
RenderData.setRenderPath() to modify the rendering file, but it doesn't
work great, especially for AVI files (actually, it doesn't work at
all).  I haven't use renderAnim before; all my scripts have worked
the other way (i.e.,a link on FrameChanged which runs my scripts).

Ken