[Bf-python] Python IPO module changes

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Mar 12 19:08:53 CET 2005

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 09:52:30AM -0800, Ken Hughes wrote:

Just a couple of quick comments without looking at the code
before I run off for the day:

When we deprecate a method or module, it means that it still
exists and is useable.  However, at some point in the future,
it *will* go away after repeated warnings.

I like the idea of using data structures ( dictionaries in this
case ) to replace all that nasty name string stuff.  I am not
sure whether one huge dictionary with all the names in it is
the right way to go or whether of dictionary holding a dicionary
for each IPO type would be better.  Depends how it gets used,
so need to brew up some code examples.

The new methods sound good.  We probably should look into
some code sharing between Ipo and Curve modules.

The Patch Tracker is a good place to organize this stuff.

I will try to get a wiki page put up on this topic and
get some of this stuff committed.

Thanks, Ken.

--
Stephen Swaney