[Bf-python] OpenGL transparency in VIEW3D

Gert De Roost paleajed at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 08:15:45 CET 2005

I am doing some research into the feasibility of
making interactive GUIs for Python scripts using
OpenGL in the 3D view.  From my experiments, I come to
the conclusion that all scripts linked to an object on
Redraw, are executed BEFORE the internal Blender
geometry is drawn.  This leads to my question: would
it be possible to add a script link feature that lets
me draw AFTER Blender did its own OpenGL stuff.  This
would allow me to draw transparent elements using
GL_BLEND on top of the geometry.

.gert.