[Bf-python] Material raytrace patch

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Thu Jun 30 02:54:11 CEST 2005

jmsoler at free.fr wrote:

>Selon Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com>:
>

>>Hi All. not sure if anyone noticed,
>>There is sombody interested in making another patch to compleate the
>>Texture MapTo, and Lamp Ray settings.
>>
>>Having these settings are usefull for exporting to external raytracers.
>>(PovRay ...
>>

>blender materials are not compatible with  povray's textures/materials . They
>are totally different .
>

>jms

of course povrays shader block is different, but there are some settings
that map accross- Like RayTransp and RefracIndex for light bending
through objects.
One of the important settings is Filter - Recently added to blender that
PovRay also supports

So I think enough map directly accross, anyhow it dosent hurt to allow
accsess to these vars.
- Cam