[Bf-python] Python Ipocurve/CurNurb module changes

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Mon Jun 20 19:03:50 CEST 2005

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 12:47:39PM -0700, Ken Hughes wrote:
> I've posted a new page on the wiki discussing my proposal for
> integrating the Ipocurve and CurNurb modules:
>
> http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Blenderdev/IpoVsCurve
>
> Comments eagerly welcomed.
>
> Stivs/IanWill: could one of you read over this and, if you
> see some major show-stopper (i.e., I'm going off totally
> in the wrong direction) let me know ASAP?  I have the time
> to make these modifications right now and have started
> coding (mainly to test that the ideas work), but I don't
> want to throw a bunch of effort into this if it's not
> desired.

I added a section to thw wiki on how I see the problem.

In a nutshell:

This is a desirable thing.

Focusing on making the public interface for IPOs and Curves is more
important than whether the underlying implementation uses derived
classes.

I feel very uncomfortable with the idea of modifying Blender's
internal structs just to make the bpy implementation 'nicer'.  This is
more of a Blender3 subject.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net