[Bf-python] CurNurb/IpoCurve/BezTriple hackery

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Jun 18 19:03:24 CEST 2005

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 09:28:29AM -0700, Ken Hughes wrote:

> One other point; for the work I'm doing on the unification, should
> I assume you prefer for Ipocurves to work like CurNurbs?  Iterators
> and such, get rid of getPoints(), etc?  I think that's what the
> wiki page describes, but hadn't thought about describing it that
> way explicitly.

Yeah, I think a CurNurb-like implementation is essentially the way we
want to go.  Iterators, operator[], and so on.  Martin (theeth) and I
have chatted about this and he agrees with moving away from
getPoints() style attribute access.  We need to drag Willian into this
discussion.  Note: Java People will freak out, but it *is* more
pythonic.

For backwards, compatibility, we will need to hang on to getPoints()
and friends for awhile.

disclaimer: I do not consider CurNurb the end-all be-all example
implementation.  It has been a sort of testbed for iterators.
Currently, I am switching it over to use tp_getset rather than getattr
methods.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net