[Bf-python] Proposal for Python IPO Curve module changes

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Jun 18 18:14:34 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 01:23:25PM +0300, Toni Alatalo wrote:
> was thinking about ipo use again and read the wiki page, so added a
> little piece on that idea about which posted a while ago -
> http://wiki.blender.org/bin/preview.pl/Blenderdev/IpoModule
>
> ~Toni
>
> >On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Gilbert, Joseph wrote:
> >

> >>ipo1 = Blender.Ipo.New('Object','ObIpo')
> >>c1 = ipo1.addCurve(CurveTypes.OBJ_LOC_X)        # add "LocX" curve to
> >>c2 = ipo1.getCurve(CurveTypes.OBJ_LOC_X)        # get "LocX" curve for
> >>

> >in the python roundtable at the conference, iirc, this kind of interface
> >was talked about as 'nice to have':
> >ipo1.loc_x     #get LocX
> >ipo1.loc_x[10] #get value of ipo1 locx at frame 10
> >
> >~Toni

An interesting idea.  However, I *believe* sometimes Ipos are
evaluated between frames for things like fields and motion blur.
This would mean float arguments to [], something python would
complain about.

A better method might be to use the call operator() for evaluating
the curve and use the index operator[] to get a sequence of control
points.  This would fit in with how Curves are implemented

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net