[Bf-python] API Cleanup::Remove Inconsistencies

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Wed Jul 20 19:10:01 CEST 2005

For the next phase of our Bpy API Cleanup, we would like to remove
inconsistencies in both the API and the documentation.

Examples of what we are looking to fix:

  there's a mix of constants (ex: Window.Types, etc.) and strings
  (ex: camera.type) being passed and returned as arguments.  Rather
  than a mish-mash of types, we should settle on one form, probably
  module constants and dictionaries

  lists vs multiple arguments

  angles, use of math types instead of lists, etc

  other irksome api features

A wiki page has been created as a repository for issues and
discussions:

http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Blenderdev/ApiCleanup

I was going to post a note in the development forums, but certain
parts of the internet seemed to have disappeared at the moment.

Lazy humans can also note problems, issues and concerns here in this
thread.  Eventually, they will get moved to the wiki by responsible
adults.  The wiki is the master document we will work from.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net