[Bf-python] Problem with memory...

Manuel manuelbastioni at tin.it
Sun Jul 17 23:18:17 CEST 2005

Willian Padovani Germano wrote:

> Campbell reported about a bug in Python 2.3.X that caused it not to free
> memory properly, before 2.37.  He tested then a Blender compiled with
> Python 2.4.1, from what I remember, and said that the newer version had
> the bug fixed.  That reminds me we should propose to move to 2.4.x soon,
> if possible.  Better than doing it close to a new release.

Hi Willian!
The memory problem seem not totally caused by python.
Infact, if I delete the hairs by hand (X key) the memory usage is not
free too.
This even if I set the "global undo" option "OFF"... :-|

About python, there is another strange "ghost effect".
After using the function in previous message, that unlink all objs,
if I use

obs = Blender.Object.Get()

this return the unlinked obs too.  It's normal?

> PS: great work with Make Hair :).

Thanks... :-D

Ciao,

       Manuel