[Bf-python] cygwin compilation and scripts menu : mismatch version error

jmsoler at free.fr jmsoler at free.fr
Mon Jul 11 08:06:51 CEST 2005

Selon Willian Padovani Germano <wgermano at ig.com.br>:

> jean-michel soler wrote:
>
> > In the Blender compiled with cygwin environment, the use of the
> > scripts menus returns an mismatch version error .
> > It announces the blender 237 as a 128 version  ( the
> > Blender.Get('version')  returns a correct '237').
>
> Hi JMS,
>
> Curious.  Taking a look at it, both BPY_interface.c and Blender.c access
> G.version (a short value) to check Blender version.  Thought it could be
> an issue with types (short vs. int) in the check for version mismatch in
> BPY_interface.c that only cygwin env had trouble with, but both compared
> values are shorts.  Anyone else here using cygwin?

There is  problem with  Draw.register and script link too . The error message
returned by the help browser in a compilation made with cvs of yesterday :

Using Python version 2.3
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 763, in ?
RuntimeError: Draw.Register can't be used inside script links

> PS: committing the updated scripts people sent me over these couple
> weeks, excuse me for the delay.

No matter, the ai2obj.py needed improvments but it is quite correct now :
http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/py/ai2obj_017c.py

Regards,
jm