[Bf-python] Bone renamator script

Gabriel Beloin gbeloin at caramail.com
Wed Jan 12 17:26:45 CET 2005

well the bf-script ml is very... dead.
I' repost it here to get feedback.
I coded this script on top of jms's one, you can find the original from jms and my modif here:
http://jmsoler.free.fr/didacticiel/blender/tutor/cpl_armature_renbone.htm

I added some functionnality like changing the start or end of bone's name and a GUI.
It's very usefull when rigging a character. You can rig one side of it
and then copy and mirror the bones to the other side. Then you just run the
script telling him to change "001" to "R". It will change only the
matching suffix.
Can be used to do a find replace of a name if the entire name is found.
know issus: have to be in object mode. Maybe at the start of the script i could switch to object mode, i'm sure it can be done though i don't remember how.

It's still very basic, compared to the object rename script, but it's already very usefull and it work for bones.
imho a nice tools to keep near when rigging.

C est le moment dC est le moment de dynamiser votre boîte mail en découvrant les offres CaraMail Max et Pro - http://www.caramail.come dynamiser votre boîte mail en découvrant les offres CaraMail Max et Pro - http://www.caramail.com