[Bf-python] Problem with Registry module.

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Sun Feb 27 05:44:12 CET 2005

Hi.  I've noticed that if I assign a class to a Registry dict, whenever
one of said classes's member functions is executes it inexplicably is
unable to find python's, much less Blender's, namespaces (when it
executes the classes's function code).

For example, "len" is an undefined function, and when I tried to import
_builtin_ at the function level it said "__import__" was an undefined
function.  As was a BGL Buffer, etc.  Everything works fine so long as
it's not run from a Registry entry. . .

Anyway, this is just an attempt to port my Bluewater GUI code to act
inside of a scriptlink, as I think that the MakeHuman project could
benefit from it  Bluewater (formerly BPyGUI) is a 100% opengl, (well,
Blender.BGL) GUI library that has windows, buttons, scrollbars,
textboxes, and images.   However, it requires a constantly running
UI_App, not one that is constantly being deleted and recreated by the
scriptlinks.

joeedh