[Bf-python] New MH GUI using draw.LEFTBUTTON evt!

Manuel Bastioni manuelbastioni at tin.it
Sun Feb 27 00:36:34 CET 2005

Thanks to Draw.LEFTMOUSE handler, and only using a script linked to
scene redraw, Paolo Colombo from MH team has done a complex and
perfectly integrated interface in MH 3D win.

Please, take a look here:

http://www.dedalo-3d.com/index.php?filename=SXCOL/makehuman/news/mahehuman20winter01_is_out.html

note the CPU practically don't work, because no loop are needed. The
core of interface is like:

if QTest():
     evt, val = QRead()
         if evt == Draw.LEFTMOUSE: #THIS IS THE EVENT WE NEED
             x,y = GetMouseCoords()
             print x,y

when a redraw happen, if leftmouse is pressed too, the script work...
Simple and...powerful. The GUI has requested about 3 months of work, but
really we are proud of result. This is possible only thanks the
leftbutton event handler...it's really a great function!

If the url above is down (I can't use project.blender.org to host files,
because it's 6 MB and the max upload size on bf is 4, so if a lot of
people download the last release, I'm not sure the server resist) you
can see a quick movie from here:
http://mio.discoremoto.virgilio.it/3dgraphics

Ciao,

                 Manuel