[Bf-python] Re: Python script code crashes Blender 2.36 && CVS/HEAD (Linux; self-compiled gcc (GCC) 3.3.4)

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Feb 16 17:06:47 CET 2005

Hi,

Melchior FRANZ wrote:

>... the scripts seem to be completely separated now:

Yes, they are.  We allow multiple instances of a same script instead of
checking if it is already running, but each has its own global
dictionary.  The registry dict is there for persistent data and, of
course, saving info in Blender Texts or system files is also possible.

>Assume I have a script with GUI open in a "Scripts Window". Now I call the same(?) script from the menu, which should change an internal value (and registers it with Blender.Registry.SetKey()) and then lets the GUI redraw, this doesn't redraw the GUI of its other "incarnation"
>in the "Scripts Window". (Should it even? It would sure be useful. But I can book this under "Feature" and work around it, be it by removing the menu entries altogether.)

Check the registry dict in your gui drawing callback (or anything else
that might be updated and is needed by your script: objects, object
data, materials, whatever) and it should catch any change on its next
redraw.  You can also use scriptlinks, it all depends on what you want.

--
Willian