[Bf-python] Re: Python script code crashes Blender 2.36 && CVS/HEAD (Linux; self-compiled gcc (GCC) 3.3.4)

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at aon.at
Wed Feb 16 12:05:31 CET 2005

* Willian Padovani Germano -- Wednesday 16 February 2005 06:06:
> About the script problem, please update your cvs copy and try again, I
> guess it is fixed now.

Didn't crash any more, or output strange error messages, but ...

> It was related to another one intrr reported
> some months ago that ended up being this: if two scripts have the same
> name, it is not garanteed that the last executed one is the last in the
> linked list of running scripts, so that doesn't serve as a check to know
> which one to free when it ends.

... the scripts seem to be completely separated now: Assume I have a script with
GUI open in a "Scripts Window". Now I call the same(?) script from the menu, which
should change an internal value (and registers it with Blender.Registry.SetKey())
and then lets the GUI redraw, this doesn't redraw the GUI of its other "incarnation"
in the "Scripts Window". (Should it even? It would sure be useful. But I can book
this under "Feature" and work around it, be it by removing the menu entries altogether.)

m.