[Bf-python] [ #2074 ] Blank GUI String field Crashes Blender

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Feb 16 05:53:47 CET 2005

Hi,

Stephen Swaney wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 08:20:27AM -0500, Roland Hess wrote:
>

>>I submitted this to the bug tracker at the end of December, and it
>>was assigned to IanWill, but there's been no visible activity on it since then.
>>

>c) the assignee has been busy

Trying not to let Blender take more of my time than I can give to it : )
... Cleaning what I can from the bugs assigned to me was planned for
next weekend.

The problem should be fixed now, it happened in a strncpy inside
screen_delayed_undo_push in editscreen.c.  If the first string passed to
String() where == '', a crash would happen.  This string is the "OB:",
etc. one used as label inside the buttons themselves.  For now at least
(will let Ton choose what to do about the undo function check) a simple
fix was used: the label defaults to " " (a space) if no string is passed.

Thanks for reporting, Roland.

--
Willian