[Bf-python] [ #2074 ] Blank GUI String field Crashes Blender

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 22:37:44 CET 2005

FYI,

I appear to be even dumber than I first suspected <grin>.

> Passing in a tool-tip string ( the optional argument ) seems to make
> it work better, but there are still issues with garbage getting into
> the button string when editing and memory allocation/cleanup.
>
> This tells me something more is going on here.  That, plus the fact
> that all the obvious things I checked were not the problem.

Yep,

the fix I thought was a fix, apparently delays the time before it
crashes for me on windows but I do get it to eventually crash...

Are you sure that the tool tip stops it from crashing?  With my
non-fix - it didn't crash for a large number of trying to crash it
(but did give the garbage still), but after about 50 trys on windows
it would crash. (Still crashed instantly on linux though...).

LetterRip