[Bf-python] Re: Python script code crashes Blender 2.36 && CVS/HEAD (Linux; self-compiled gcc (GCC) 3.3.4)

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at aon.at
Sun Feb 13 19:40:58 CET 2005

* Stephen Swaney -- Sunday 13 February 2005 19:24:
> > A run of the valgrind debugger (http://valgrind.kde.org/) shows a lot of
> > potentially dangerous bugs in Blender/Python. So the crash shouldn't really
> > come as a surprise.
>
> Valgrind, Purify and similar tools report many things that may or may
> not be bad.  You need to filter thru a lot of junk to get to the good
> stuff and not make judgements before the fact.

True. But I use valgrind regularly and know which kinds of reported bugs
are probably trivial, and which are not. Reading from uninitialized
memory is often harmless, writing to not allocated memory less so. And
decisions being made based on uninitialized memory is also a bit
worrying (as in  "int i; if (i) ..."). But anyway, what really bothers
me is that Blender crashes with my script.  :-)

m.