[Bf-python] Re: Python script code crashes Blender 2.36 && CVS/HEAD (Linux; self-compiled gcc (GCC) 3.3.4)

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at aon.at
Sun Feb 13 18:14:37 CET 2005

* Melchior FRANZ -- Sunday 13 February 2005 00:42:
>   - start blender
>   - switch to "Scripts Window"
>   - start script Export/"AAAAAA: Blender Crasher"/"First Step"
>     fomr the "Scripts Window" menu
>   - from Blender's *main* menu select the same script, but from the
>     pop-up menu "Second Step"  --> the file selector appears
>   - in the file selector click the OK button, labeled "Third Step"
>
> Blender crashes!

The good news: it doesn't happen always.
The bad news:  it doesn't only happen with my script, but it did also with
               newacexport.py.

A run of the valgrind debugger (http://valgrind.kde.org/) shows a lot of
potentially dangerous bugs in Blender/Python. So the crash shouldn't really
come as a surprise.

m.