[Bf-python] Python presets menu

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Feb 9 07:52:54 CET 2005

Hi all,

As some of you may know, I've implemented a customisable render presets
menu in tuhopuu, built upon Willian's scripts-in-menus code.

I've noticed a problem though, where the menu isn't getting populated
correctly on startup. Sometimes it works, but most of the time (for me)
it doesn't. The weird thing is that the other menus such as Import and
Export will be properly filled, while the presets menu will be empty (
http://mke3.net/blender/interface/menus/renderpresets_empty.png ).
Triggering redraws of the buttons window, or creating new buttons
windows don't help either. If I manually refresh the scripts menus
(either in the file paths or in the scripts window menu), then
everything will be ok, after a redraw (
http://mke3.net/blender/interface/menus/renderpresets_full.png ).

I don't really know what's causing this - My initial thought was that
somehow the script-registering functions were taking place on startup
after the buttons windows have already been initialised and drawn, but
that's just a wild guess. Or maybe nobody else is having this problem,
and I've just got something set up stupidly?

As a related issue, I realised that I can get various field rendering
settings ( enableFieldRendering / enableFieldTimeDisable /
enableOddFieldFirst ) with BPython, but I can't seem to set them. Would
this be possible to add?

Cheers,

Matt