[Bf-python] Re: Can't use Python sets in Blender 2.40

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Dec 24 04:34:04 CET 2005

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 07:19:00PM -0800, Tron Thomas wrote:
> Actually I realized I wrote and tested my original exporter on Mac OS X
> so I never knew if sets worked on Windows for version 2.37.
> I discovered that the sets Python module still work fine on Blender 2.40
> for Mac OS X.  I don't know why it doesn't work on Windows.

Your Mac probably has a complete Python install.  Your Windows box
does not.  At least not one Blender can find.  On Windows, since
it tends to lack what is commonly installed on 'normal' computers,
we provide a bare subset of useful Python modules.  The set module
is not one of them (I'm still guessing! ).

So you need to
1) install Python 2.4 on your windows box.
2) set the PYTHONPATH env var if necessary.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net