[Bf-python] Scripts & Armatures

PERIN Jean-Baptiste jb_perin at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 14 14:39:32 CET 2005

--- Toni Alatalo <antont at kyperjokki.fi> a écrit :

> we talked about the Poses yesterday on irc with
> Joseph, and IIRC he is now
> working on that part. after getting Armature and
> Bone in shape.

Great !!! I long to see the result.

> hopefully we'll get that Bone interface added soon.
> for what are you using it?

I'm updating the BVH2ARM.py script .. the one that
build an armature upon the heap of empty created by
bvh_import.py

By the past .. I used to build armature at rest Pose
by calling setHead() and setTail() functions .. and at
each frame of an animation I was using setQuat() and
setPose() to animate bones ..

According to new Armature API doc, Editbone.matrix is
not writable, and there no longer exist setQuat and
setPose functions ..

So I wonder how I'm going to update BVH2ARM script ..

> i'm currently working with action creation, where
> create ipo channels for the
> bones.

Keep up the good work ..
If you have exemple code that shows how it works ..
I'm higly interested in it ..

Keep me posted ..

Jean-Baptiste