[Bf-python] Mesh modes

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Fri Dec 9 14:33:11 CET 2005

Campbell Barton wrote:
> Hi Ken, was making a sculpt mesh with the ability to modify geometry
> adaptivly,
> it uses remove doubles and subdivide.
> The problem I have is that to remove doubles the user needs to be in
> Vertex mode and to subdivide I need to be in edge mode.
>
> Could we have a Blender.Mesh.Mode variable/dict/flag? so we can set the
> editmoesh context, its needed for editmesh tools.

The flag might be handy, but I'm not sure Blender.Mesh is the right
place to put it.  Since the flag is stored in G.scene->selectmode, seems
like it should be more of a global setting.  Implies to me a Scene.Edit
module or something, but maybe that's overkill.

It might be simpler to just add code inside Mesh.c to switch into the
right mode for each function, assuming there's one correct mode per
function (otherwise, add a parameter to the method to select the edit mode).

Ken