[Bf-python] Re: Python 2.4

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Sat Aug 13 15:38:11 CEST 2005

Hi,

In such cases we can probably ship with different versions, 2.4 for Win
and Linux and 2.3 for OSX.  But we have to consider this well, first.
Main issue would be that the (not that many, really) scripts written
with new features only available in the current version wouldn't run on
Blenders compiled with older Python.  This is easy to avoid or fix in
the scripts.

Another thing we can consider for these transition periods is to support
both versions, at least for Win / Linux.  We just need to make sure this
is discussed (who's in charge, where to put the new versions) long
before a release, then work to make it happen.

--
Willian