[Bf-python] NMesh Module , could you add an index parameter to the NMFace object ?

Joseph Gilbert jgilbert at TIGR.org
Fri Aug 12 16:41:09 CEST 2005

Campbell Barton wrote:

> Hi Joseph, is there any way I can speed up the Mathutils patches
> getting into Blender?

Sure i accept bribes.

> I know this is a selfish request, but theeth wrote this patch for me
> about 3 months ago. and at the moment I have to use python to do ray
> intersections, tri area etc,

A couple things:
1. I dont understand what the general purpose of 'makeTrackQuat' - is
this only for someone's script or a general purpose method. Is there an
instance where a script writer would need to make a tracking quaternion?
(just trying to understand this)
2. I was working for a long time on a set of classes that would
incorporate this stuff which i have not finished yet, and I thought i
would be able to incorporte this into that model (which was part of the
delay) rather than adding this to that api and then reworking it (i.e.
deprecating it) later. However, i dont think i'm going to have the time
to do this.
3. Just some formating issues which are really moot, such as making
these methods a class member rather than a module funciton. e.g.
vector.intersect(vector) which is more natural rather than
Mathutils.Intersect(vec, vec)

 I am busy in both the rw and in recoding the animation api right now
and i admit i haven't spent enough time to look at this. I appreciate
the time theeth and yourself put into making this patch and like i said
this *will* get in there. Have hope! A better blender is just around the
corner.