[Bf-python] Re: Python 2.4

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Wed Aug 3 17:37:02 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 12:17:31PM +0300, Toni Alatalo wrote:

> but what will happen on Macs? even 10.4 ships with 2.3.5.. and there are
> no facilities to deal with multiple versions of Python, really -

Someone always has to be the odd man out, eh?

I'm am not an osxer so perhaps someone who actually knows
something can comment, however:

1) Blender does not need an installed python to run since
the interpreter is imbedded.

2) Python itself seems quite happy (at least on loonix)
with multiple versions of itself installed.

3) can't the osxers simply install an upgrade to Py 2.4?

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net