[Bf-python] python interface to Edges (NMesh.Edge)

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Thu Sep 30 10:32:34 CEST 2004

Hi, I have been thinking how python could accsess blenders edges for:
- Subserf weight
- Seams
- Edge Selection

edges could be accsessed by-

me = NMesh.GetRaw('mymesh')
for ed in me.edges:
  print ed.v[0].co
  print ed.v[1].co

for f in me.faces:
  for ed in f.edges:
    print ed

_______________________

Edges cant be added or removed from a mesh- They are automaticly a part
of a face, (2 vert faces will stay, however these faces will only have 1
edge)
To add or remove youll need to add or remove the face that uses the edge.

Since an edge MUST have 2 verts...
Should an edge accsess its verts by.

# Like faces
print ed.v[0]
print ed.v[1]

print ed.v1
print ed.v2

_____

using a list implies that an edge can have verts added and removed,
which It cant since an edge as a part of a face.
____

I tried to code in edge support into NMesh.h/c but I dont realy
understand the internals well enough, I just copied a lot of the face
stuff and modified for edges.

Do people see this as where bpython could be headed?

- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street