[Bf-python] Image loading in GL memory

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sun Sep 12 17:10:14 CEST 2004

Campbell Barton wrote:

> Hi- I was writing an image thumbnailer and found there is no way an
> image into blender OpenGL memory.
>
> I propose adding a image.glLoad() function which would return  the
> bindCode or None if there is not enough vram.

Hi Cam,

Never played with it myself, but isn't image.getBindCode() in
Blender.Image enough for that?  You can load the images and then get the
bind code to use them as textures applied to quads for your
thumbnailer.  get/setBindCode methods + documentation were contributed
some weeks before 2.34 by Andrew Corrigan and Satish Goda.

--
Willian