[Bf-python] New scripts- cvs please?

Campbell J Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Nov 22 23:52:56 CET 2004

Hi All, I have been very busy with work lately with little time to bore
you all with news about new scripts I have had to write.

Can sombody please tell me how I can upload new scriptst o the CVS?

I have been working on a large 3D database with 6500 objects, so the
scripts I have been writing deal mostly with a large number of objects.

But now Im here- heres a list of scripts I have writtin since bconf.

* Select some mesh based on properties (surface area, face num, vert num)
* Find in instance of a UV image in a selection of mesh objects and move
the 3d cursor there.
* Replace 1 material with another in all selected objects.
* Replace 1 image with another in all selected abjects - Without this
its like finding a needel in a haystack.
* Thumbnail browser- Browse loaded images and assign them to selected
active faces with a click.
   ... Also has a right click menu where you can - Load, Unload, reload
and Edit in the Gimp using gimp remote :).
* OBJ import fixup.
* Added NEW name to batch namer.
* Made a wrapper for the PupMenu function that splits a very long menu
up into multiple menues, that can be traversed with a MORE and LESS-
menu items at the top and bottom- (I have 180 images in my database)
* Random object loc/size/rot- Simple and probably alredy coded, but I
needed it.
* A box packing function, get demo here, Im very happy with this script,
My first use of classes-
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5072
* An automatic parenting script, adds a perent to each selected object
(usefull to me, probably nobody else.)
... thats about it I think

- Cam