[Bf-python] Patch: Draw.Image() -- new method.

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Nov 11 13:21:45 CET 2004

Hi,

joeedh wrote:

> By the way, Willian, did you ever fix the Window.QAdd bug where events
> weren't sent to GUI elements?

Not a bug if I understand what you mean.  GUI button events simply are
not available in Draw, only the key, mouse and Redraw events, for
example, are.  QAdd and related functions are not "safe ground", when a
new event system slips in they can all go away.  We know they are
useful, even if they don't stay for thaat long (something better would
be available then), but bpython controlling Blender like these functions
make possible is not considered proper behavior.

GUI button events, as already mentioned in an old email, can be useful
for interface testing, for example.  So there's a chance they get
approved if one makes a test and explains the proposal well in an email
to bf-committers and during a future meeting.  Anyway, hopefully a new
event system is the next big step to be redone in Blender (though it
might be animation...).

--
Willian