[Bf-python] Colorband and Material Library script

wgermano at ig.com.br wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Mar 31 07:15:33 CEST 2004

Hi Alex, Nicolas and all

I agree with Alex that we should keep bpython a "thin" wrapper around
Blender functionality, since that's how it was way before we worked on it
and it's better to stay consistent / play simple.  And I also agree that
this is the kind of thing (Nicolas suggestion) that can be done in Python
itself, as a layer on top of the basic functions.

BTW...

Since Alex contributed the Texture module, we could discuss now a pet
project for the bpython team:  a Materials Library script, with presets for
woods, grass, metals, plastics, etc. etc.  Such a script is another thing
that we can build on top of bpython and would be a great addition to
Blender.

It would be able to create, load, edit and save the presets and with a
little work we can make the material preview integrate well with it, if
necessary.

What do you say?  It'd be fun to work in group -- we develop bpython, why
not have some fun "test-driving it" wth our fellow script writers?

We could start just collecting many ideas about which functionality we'd
like to add and how it should be coded, then we see who wants to start it /
how we'll work.

Of course by bpython team I don't mean the developers, only.  All feel free
to make suggestions / help code it.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br