[Bf-python] Is this right?

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Jun 10 08:14:49 CEST 2004

Hi Ed,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Blake" <kitsune_e at yahoo.com>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 12:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Bf-python] Is this right?

> Yeah, I think I will remove the existing examples in the doc strings.  I'm
> fairly certain that they are all reproduced in the API doc, but I'll move any
> that arn't.  I plan to have a short example for every method, so any existing
> examples will definatly be reused!

Code examples for every method is way overkill, too many of them are pretty
obvious / similar, which would make code examples too repetitive and
silly-looking.

There are only a few complex ones that justify a code sample.  And check the ref
doc's index, there are too many methods to add examples to each one:
http://www.blender.org/modules/documentation/233PythonDoc/indices.html

Don't worry, the ref guide already gives a summary and describes arguments
expected and return value (when relevant), this is all that is needed in most
cases and leaves the docs clean and small / easy to navigate.

** One special need for example code in the ref guide is to make the main code
samples for each module more interesting, some of them are too simple.  If the
main examples are good enough, only a few more functions / methods will require
code samples, many of them already done.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br