[Bf-python] Is this right?

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Jun 10 05:42:23 CEST 2004

Hi Ed,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Blake" <kitsune_e at yahoo.com>
To: "BF-python" <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 12:14 AM
Subject: [Bf-python] Is this right?

> I'm to B, Blender.  I mainly just skipped the BGL module since it has so many
> methods and none are documented.

Well, Joe was crazy enough to document BGL for the epydocs : ), but there's no
need to do it for the docstrings, really.  And yes, you can move the docstrings
to the .c files.  My only suggestion for docstrings is that you keep them small,
since for more extensive documentation with example code the epydoc files in the
api2_2x/doc dir that we use to build the reference api guide are much better.
Check the epydocs and feel free to add examples there, if you want, btw.

> The static part is prefered correct?  Saves memory or something?

Static for external vars and for functions means they are only visible /
accessible inside that file and there's no risk of name clashes with other
files.  It's preferred whenever possible, like in this case.

Just for completeness: static for variables inside functions means they are not
automatic -- they are not created everytime the function is entered / destroyed
everytime the function is left, but rather are created once and keep their
values between their function's calls.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br