[Bf-python] Py Panels!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Jul 28 13:24:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

OOh, and I forget these two topics I'd like to see:

1) The buttonswindow "Script" context was meant for Python to control
completely. With as exception the default available 'script link' Panel
of course. By default I like to see Python scripts assigning Panels
there, also in a way it allows many more Panels too (depending on
scripts).

(BTW: floating panels in 3D window etc. are actually a violation of the
'non overlapping UI' concept in Blender. If possible, options should be
in the Buttonswindow. Only for specific cases we should do it with a
floating one; when context really is tied to the window for example.)

2) I talked with Yafray team on a nicer way to integrate their code in
Blender. Right now the code is getting polluted too much with yafray
exceptions. We also have projects going on for support of Renderman or
Aqsis. For 2.35 we want to attempt to clean it up, and also make sure
the Yafray Panels get assigned/created/handled in a way that fits nice.
Potentially, it could be done using Python too... something we like to
investigate.

Thanks!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org