[Bf-python] is Blender the enviroment for a home designer 3d cad application?

Enrico Neri enrico.neri at select.it
Thu Jul 29 16:28:13 CEST 2004

Dear all,
I have to develop for a Customer of mine an application that:

-- shows a wizard in which user chooses elements
-- does some calculation (like shortening some bars if You choose some
round curve, counting the number of bars if your patio is 5 meters, etc)
-- gives a 2d render of the image (showing the lines , bars and so on as
from choices). 3d is welcomed but not necessary
-- does at the end the export in .mdb of all necessary elements (the
latter is not necessary feature)

in some way it's like   http://www.bighammer.com/fencebot.asp?sm=ds.fd
or the  http://www.cad-quest.com/products/fence/default.aspx?sm=pf  that
anyway are BIG brother compare to what we need.

It's going to be sold via download or cd.

1
is Blender an environment for this kind of application (little
rendering, more calculation)?

[ I'm speaking TECHNICALLY,if YES I'll proceed with NAN to get licence
and trying to solve LICENSE issues]

2
is !=1, any suggestions? do You suggest any other environment?

3
do You know anyone who has developed some like that and can license the
sourcecode?

Long live the free software
>From sunny and hot Italy
e.>