[Bf-python] webbrowser module

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Jul 29 07:23:13 CEST 2004

Hi Matt,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Ebb" <matt at mke3.net>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Bf-python] webbrowser module

> I see a new Python23.zip was committed, containing the webbrowser
> module. Great! I don't know how this works in Windows, but does this
> mean that Windows users will automatically be able to run scripts using
> webbrowser just by installing Blender? i.e. Does it automatically look
> inside the zip file, or is it something they would have to manually
> decompress?

There are two files, Python23.zip and zlib.pyd .  Using the latter, Python
is able to decompress zipped files (gzip is also supported, by the gzip
module also included), so Python23.zip can be left compressed.

Yes, if both files are installed somewhere the Python interpreter in Blender
can find them (like along with the Blender executable), zlib, webbrowser and
the other modules in that zip can be imported in bpython scripts.  At least
it worked in my tests here.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br