[Bf-python] CVS diffs for first pass on Sound module

ChrisKeith at aol.com ChrisKeith at aol.com
Sat Jul 24 23:08:26 CEST 2004

Hello All -

Here are the diffs (and two new files) for my first pass  on the Python sound
 module:

http://home.pacbell.net/c_keith/projects/blender/cvsdiffs/cvsdiff2.txt

I  have not added the "Copy Sound" or "Pack/Unpack" APIs yet - as described
here:

http://home.pacbell.net/c_keith/projects/blender/misc/py_sound_interface.html

I'd  like to have someone review my work before I go any farther.
If you want to  commit it, go ahead.  A few notes:

1. As I mentioned in my previous email, this module is a  cloned-and-edited
version of the image module.  I'd like to refactor both modules to  reduce the
copied code, but I don't want to screw up the image module.

2. I created a couple of macros to reduce the amount of duplicated  code.
I also moved this code around to reduce the forward declarations.  I  was
going
to reorganize the code to remove all forwards, but realized that this may
be the Blender "style", so I've refrained (so far :).  The fewer lines  of
code,
the fewer bugs... and the easier to maintain.

3. I have a little test program which I'd like to get checked  in,
but I want to propose a separate "test" directory for test files,
rather than including them in the "main" code line.  I'll try to get  that
into tomorrows meeting.

best regards,
- Chris Keith