[Bf-python] Running Python script from command line - cleaner code

ChrisKeith at aol.com ChrisKeith at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 05:16:19 CET 2004

Hello Willian -

I have updated my diffs here:

http://home.pacbell.net/c_keith/projects/blender/cvsdiff.txt

I have done the following:

- used the correct naming convention for my new function (e.g.,
"BPY_run_python_script" instead of "runpython")
- put the declaration into BPY_extern.h instead of brute-force including it
in creator.c
- done a bit of formatting cleanup

I don't know if the last item is controversial or not.  I know some people do
not like to see formatting changes in diffs because it's "noise" as far as
the content goes - e.g., it may make it harder to see the substantive changes.
But given the "continuous development" of the open source world I'm not sure
when would be the right time to do it.  I do like to refactor and clean up code
when possible.

One more minor note - I see that my "name" in the mailing list archives
(e.g., http://www.blender.org/pipermail/bf-python/2004-February/date.html) shows up
as "bf-python at blender.org ".  Is there any way for me to fix that?

Thanks and best regards,
Chris Keith (chrisN0_SP4Mkeith at aol.com)