[Bf-python] Scripts open panels

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Feb 18 04:40:13 CET 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Reynish" <william at shadeless.dk>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 2:22 PM
Subject: [Bf-python] Scripts open panels

> Hi Willian, I just stumbles across this quote from the Blender
> 2.3 UI proposal:
(...)
> - running scripts then can pop up a persistent or temporary button
> panel (context 2 or 3)
(...)
> What are your thoughts on this?

Hi, William

Once I had popup windows working in bpython, but there were nasty issues
with some kinds of buttons killing the win when they shouldn't, etc --
the interface would need changes to support that.  Also popup wins were
not considered good for the Blender way.

Then came the panels and I agree with you that they'd be a good addition
to bpython, but there are a few issues, since they are linked to each
space and a scriptspace can have many scripts "on" at the same time.

But what is in 2.32 can be considered just a start.  I'll probably try