[Bf-python] Mathutils

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Fri Feb 13 06:46:31 CET 2004

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Gilbert" <models at paposo.com>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 8:46 AM
Subject: RE: [Bf-python] Mathutils

> I know that it might be in the works to somehow integrate the python
2.3
> release internally or a part at least into blender to avoid having
> non-scripters to have to install python to run a script someone else
made.
> Not sure where anyone is on this. However, if the math module is the
reason
> that most people require the python install it could be a useful thing
> include these. What'd ya think? Willian, Michael what's your opinion?

Congrats on the new module : ), I'll try it under linux tomorrow.  About
your question: besides math, other modules are necessary, specially
zlib, since some 3d formats are compressed.  So adding a few Python
modules to Blender is indeed in the plans and should be tried soon --
you may prefer to wait a little, then, your choice.  Let's try to
convince developers / platform builders to get Blender updated to the
latest Python 2.3 first, then make the test for real.  It should work,
but there's always this other option, even for zlib.

BTW: guess you mean Michel ; ) ...

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br