[Bf-python] Mathutils

Joseph Gilbert models at paposo.com
Thu Feb 12 12:46:06 CET 2004

I don't have a problem with it. It would be pretty easy to add all (or most)
of the functions from the python's math module (which are basically just
trig functions).

acos(x)
asin(x)
atan(x)
atan2(y, x)
ceil(x)
cos(x)
cosh(x)
exp(x)
fabs(x)
floor(x)
fmod(x, y)
frexp(x)
hypot(x, y)
ldexp(x, i)
log(x)
log10(x)
pow(x)
modf(x)
sin(x)
sinh(x)
sqrt(x)
tan(x)
tanh(x)

Constants:
pi

you could #include floatpatch.h which includes alot of these and just do the
ones it doesn't include.

I know that it might be in the works to somehow integrate the python 2.3
release internally or a part at least into blender to avoid having
non-scripters to have to install python to run a script someone else made.
Not sure where anyone is on this. However, if the math module is the reason
that most people require the python install it could be a useful thing to
include these. What'd ya think? Willian, Michael what's your opinion?