[Bf-python] UV problem

Bill Baxter baxter at cs.unc.edu
Tue Feb 10 17:50:23 CET 2004

It sounds reminiscent of a problem I was having in a script.  If you do
    myStringInput = Draw.Create("a string")
and then later
    myStringInput.val = "some really big string"
the value will get cut short to "some really big s".   Note that it's
exactly 16 characters, the largest power of two greater than the length
of the original string.  Apparently, setting the val doesn't trigger
python to reallocate the internal string that's used to hold the value.

So it sounds like the same kind of thing.  Maybe there are lots more of
these little initialization bugs lurking.

--bb