[Bf-python] blender/gimp/astronomy-programs

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Dec 29 17:59:52 CET 2004

Toni Alatalo wrote:
>>http://www.ualberta.ca/~cwant/gimp/postprocess.html
>

> btw, the same functionality is exposed also to gimp-python, right?
> not that Perl wouldn't seem to fill the purpose.

Hi Toni,

The only reason I use perl is that gimp-perl
can be invoked from the commandline using

perl foo.pl

The python stuff does not work that way and
requires that a script be running inside
of gimp. This is because the perl stuff
starts a 'gimp server' when it is initialized,
but the python stuff does not. Kind of a pity,
as it would be great to run gimp-python scripts
inside of blender.

Chris