[Bf-python] python 2.4

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Dec 1 00:09:09 CET 2004

Personally, I wish that the blender code wasn't
upgraded from python 2.2 -- the irix version has
had nothing but trouble since then. (Please
note: these problems are mostly within python
itself, not blender).

There is more to upgrading than just changing
a version number in scons/make. Sometimes some of
the python data structures change size from one
version to another (e.g., try building blender
with python 2.2 and see how far you get).

Anyways, I think it would be best to wait until
python 2.4 stabilizes (on all platforms) before
making it a dependency for blender (or at the
very least, offer some backwards compatibility).

Chris