[Bf-python] Popup draw bug

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Aug 26 05:40:56 CEST 2004

Manuel,

Reading your bug report it mentions the problem only occurs with
scriptlinks, right?  That makes sense, because there should be no draw
order problem in normal scripts, since the popup makes Blender enter the
'popup mode' we might say, where nothing else should be redrawn.

So you want a popup in a scriptlink?  That's a little odd, I mean
scriptlinks asking for input or drawing guis with buttons.  The current
system was not meant for that, from what I understand of it.

Could you tell us more about what you want to do, maybe clarify some
point I misunderstood?

BTW, as a foolish long way work-around, you can move the mouse pointer
with Window.SetMouseCoords() to a suitable place (that can be found by
analyzing the screen info, also available from module Window) where it
won't cross area boundaries.  Not a general solution, of course, but it
occurred to me that maybe you want Blender to start with this popup or
open it on save (OnLoad or OnSave scriptlinks).

--
Willian