[Bf-python] Popup draw bug

Manuel Bastioni manuelbastioni at tin.it
Wed Aug 25 01:28:33 CEST 2004

Ed Blake wrote:
> Try submitting a bug report on Blender.org, but first have you tried to
> reproduce the error on other computers?  What Blender build are you using,
> what OS and what video card?  This looks to me like a video card problem to
> me.  If you running Windows try downloading new drivers for your card, That
> solved problems I had with a buggy video card.

I've submitted the bug into bug tracker some days ago:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1559&group_id=9&atid=125

And, before post it, I've tested on various computers,
with the same result:

Win 98 se
198 mb ram
matrox G400 16 mb vram

Win XP
Athlon Xp 2ghz
1 gb ram
Radeon 9500 AGP 400Mhz
128 mb vram
Driver Catalyst 4.6

Win2000
celeron 633
ATI Rage 128

Gericon p4 2 ghz
512 Mb ram
Xp professional
Ati mobile 7500 64mb vram

And, of course, the same machine above (except the notebook with
Gericon) with
the Linux partition: same error!

In my opinion, this is a problem of GL draw order...
it seem the draw of some elements is after the draw of popup.
The solution can be to draw the popup as last element...but
I'm not a C coder, so I can't help... :-(

This bug make popup almost useless...

Regards,

                 Manuel Bastioni