[Bf-python] Re: erasing textures, materials, objects

Stephen Swaney sswaney at swbell.net
Wed Apr 7 08:05:51 CEST 2004

nicolas bonnand wrote:

> Let's imagine a 'Blender screen saver', or something like a simulation
> tool where
> lots of new textures, materials, meshes are created every second.

> Any advice appreciated.

At the risk of being branded as a heretic and having
a bunch of angry peasants storming my castle with torches,
my advice is to look at something other than blender.

Don't get me wrong.  Blender is a nice suite of tools for
producing animations, but if you are making screensavers or
simulation tools, you probably want to look elsewere.

One very viable candidate is Open Scene Graph.  This is an
OpenInventor clone written in C++ that is oriented towards
realtime applications. It is very well supported with an active
 mailing list and website.  And as a cherry on top, I *believe*
there is an OSG exporter script for blender.

Regards,
Stephen
--
Stephen Swaney