[Bf-python] erasing textures, materials, objects

Stephen Swaney sswaney at swbell.net
Mon Apr 5 23:48:59 CEST 2004

nicolas bonnand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Blender 2.32, you can erase an object
> by pressing the 'x' key
[snip]
> (*) Really and completely erasing.
>
> I don't want to see erased material/textured any more
> in Blender Material/Texture browsing list.
>
> I don't want to see erased object any more in Object.Get() list

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how
things get deleted in blender.

When you press XKEY, it breaks the links between
datablocks.  The datablocks themselves continue to exist.

When the .blend file is saved, only linked datablocks are
written.  To totally, completely and finally delete something,
you need to save and reload the .blend file.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at swbell.net