[Bf-python] Python Object.getArmatureIpos()

Anders Nilsson breakin at home.se
Sat Apr 3 13:40:47 CEST 2004

Thanks for pointing the errors out, I will try to read up more on python
and the refcnt:s before I submit anything more, this patch had more than
one problems and patches shouldn't. Also I'd like to hear about
policies. Do you return dict:s for these kind of things or just lists?

>From reading at www.blender.org Michel was talking about adding
armatures from python and I got thinking about this patch (or the
problem it addresses) perhaps should be something more general. I just
made it so exporters would get an easier life, getting armatures ipo:s
from armature instances in an easy manner, but I don't know if it's the
right name nor the right place for it. Perhaps it should be named
getActionIpos() or something, I don't know :) Does the stuff in bAction
applies to anything besides armatures? Haven't looked at the blender
source for more than one day now so I'm not fully accustomed to it yet.
The patch was mostly made to get some reactions on this matter, it's a
method I've been feeling is lacking (especially from looking at other
exporters where comments like "might not work"/"we guess based on name"
appear all the time ;)

Anders Nilsson (breakin)