[Bf-python] Little (almost new) error with 228c

Manuel Bastioni manuelbastioni at tin.it
Tue Sep 30 22:40:34 CEST 2003

To prevent crash (cfr. previous message), I've used object.setName("Base")
instead object.name = "Base".

But now I've a new crash: if I create a new object and assign it the
name using the function above, all work fine. But if I delete the
object and, without reboot Blender, try to create the obj again, using the
same script, Blender crash.

I've try to replace the code

newBaseObj=NMesh.PutRaw(newBaseMesh,"Base")
newBaseObj.setName("Base")

with the code

scene = Blender.Scene.getCurrent()
newBaseObj=Blender.Object.New("Mesh","Base")
newBaseObj.link(newBaseMesh)
scene.link(newBaseObj)

it don't crash, but when I try the second time
no mesh is created...